Is it possible to have too many healthy options in your snack arsenal? Not according to my cleansers! Since adding these tasty crunchy nut bars to their cleanse week, I’ve received rave reviews & my follower’s on social media have been begging me to share the recipe for weeks!
Here is why they’re perfect for you and approved by me:
- They’ve got the crunch so many of us crave (including me)
- They taste absolutely delicious
- Every other bite is balanced with a chewy, juicy bite of dried cherries
- Nuts and almond butter lend protein and satiating fats
- I’m using dates as the sweetener and they’ll give you a natural boost of energy with every bite
- The recipe is simple enough for even the most basic of cooks to make
- Everyone will enjoy from your kids, husbands, friends, co-workers…these are crowd pleasers
- Perfect for “on the go”, I’m talking grab and run out the door type of food here!
Crunchy Nut and Fruit Bars
Makes approximately 12 bars
10 organic medjol dates, de-pitted soaked and peeled
3/4 cup organic almond butter
2-3 T. water
½ cup organic almonds
½ cup organic cashews
½ cup organic hazelnuts
½ cup organic pistachios
¼ cup organic sunflower seeds
¼ cup organic shredded coconut
large handful dried organic cherries
Soak dates in warm water for about 5 minutes, until softened. Remove pits and loose skin. Add dates, almond butter, salt, and 2 T. water to food processor. Blend until smooth, add additional T. of water if needed. Mixture should be firm, but smooth.
Add the rest of the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and work in the almond butter/date mixture. With clean hands, work the mixture together and nuts, fruit, and coconut are fully blended into the nut butter mix.
Line a pan (bread pan works great for bars) with parchment paper and firmly pack mixture into the pan. For a crunchier bar, you may place in the oven on 325 degrees for 20-25 minutes. For a the easy raw version, simply place in the fridge and allow to set for a minimum of an hour.
Keep refrigerated and enjoy within a week!