The finely diced carrots and the roasted sweet potato form the hearty foundation of this soup. Packed with vitamins, minerals, and dietary fiber, they provide essential nutrients to support your overall health and well-being. The frozen spinach adds a burst of vibrant green freshness, while finely diced white onions bring a subtle sweetness to the mix. Parsley and basil, with their aromatic and herbaceous qualities, weave a fragrant tapestry that elevates this soup to gourmet heights. The Moroccan spice blend is the star of this soup, infusing it with an enticing medley of flavors. Beyond its culinary appeal, this spice blend may offer anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, making it a valuable addition to your detox journey. Let’s dive in!
- 2 carrots finely diced
- 1 large sweet potato – roasted
- 1 cup of cooked black lentils
- 1/2 can stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen spinach
- 1/2 white onion finely diced
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- 1 bunch basil
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 teaspoon morroccan spice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Prepare the Vegetables: Start by finely dicing the carrots, and roasting the large sweet potato into small cubes. Also, finely dice the white onion.
- Heat Oil: In a large pot, heat a small amount of olive oil or vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Sauté Onions: Add the diced onion to the pot and sauté them until they become soft and fragrant.
- Add Vegetables: Add the diced eggplant, carrots, and roasted sweet potato to the pot. Stir everything together and let the vegetables cook for a few minutes until they start to soften.
- Incorporate Ingredients: Pour in the can of stewed tomatoes along with their juice, and add the frozen spinach to the pot. Stir the ingredients to combine. Then, add the cooked black lentils, and stir.
- Herbs: Tear the parsley leaves and basil leaves from their stems and roughly chop them. Add most of them to the pot, reserving a few leaves for garnish.
- Season: Season the soup with Moroccan spice and 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt. Stir well to distribute the flavors. You can also add a teaspoon of honey for a touch of sweetness, if desired.
- Add Broth: Pour in the chicken or vegetable broth, ensuring that it covers all the vegetables and spices in the pot.
- Simmer: Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Let the soup simmer for about 20-25 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Adjust Seasoning: Once the vegetables are cooked and tender, taste the soup and adjust the seasoning if needed.