Picture this: vibrant red leaf lettuce that’s washed and ready to roll. We’re talking major freshness here. Then, we throw in some sliced radishes that bring that extra crunch. Cherry tomatoes – those little bursts of juicy goodness – make their entrance next, alongside English cucumbers that are diced to perfection. And here comes the chickpeas – trusty canned ones, all ready to rock. Sprinkle some cumin magic and toss in fresh mint leaves for a zesty kick. Oh, and that ground sumac? It’s like the secret ingredient that adds a tangy twist you won’t see coming. This salad is incredible, and so easy to make!
Now, let’s talk about the star of the show – Pumfu. Yep, you read that right! It’s like tofu’s cooler, Mediterranean cousin, packed with plant-based protein that’s as delicious as it is nutritious. We’ve got it mingling in the bowl, bringing that protein punch you’ve been looking for. And just when you thought things couldn’t get better, in come the pumpkin seeds – your crunchy companions that not only add texture but also a good dose of protein power.
- 4 large handfuls of washed red leaf lettuce
- 1/3 cup sliced rasish
- 1/3 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup diced English cucumbers
- 1 can cooked chickpeas
- fresh mint
- ground sumac
- Pumpkin seeds
- 1 bunch Parsley
- 1 tsp plus 2 T olive oil, divided
- 3 T tarragon vinegar
- 2 T water
- 1 T sugar
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
Add all of the ingredients to a blender or food processor and pulse until combined.
- Wash the lettuce and put it to the side to dry.
- Add the sliced radish, cherry tomatoes, diced cucumbers, and diced red peppers to the bowl with the lettuce.
- Drain and rinse the canned chickpeas, then add them to the salad.
- Sprinkle cumin over the salad ingredients to add a warm and earthy flavor.
- Tear or chop fresh mint leaves and sprinkle them over the salad for a burst of refreshing taste.
- Finish the salad with a sprinkle of ground sumac, which adds a tangy and slightly citrusy flavor.
- Add Pumfu, a type of tofu made from pumpkin seeds, to the salad for added protein and nutty taste. Swirl it around with the rest of the salad topping and dressing to incorporate the flavor.
- Top the salad with pumpkin seeds for extra crunch and nutritional value.