We’re about to introduce you to a tantalizing dish that redefines the concept of a salad: the Vegan Cobb Salad with Zucchini Bacon. This vibrant, flavor-packed salad is not only a feast for your taste buds but also a celebration of the diverse benefits that its ingredients bring to the table. Picture a plate adorned with a colorful array of ingredients: roasted yellow squash, diced roasted red peppers, vibrant green peas, a bed of fresh spring mix, creamy Lima beans, tangy capers, and sweet cherry tomatoes all dancing harmoniously together. And let’s not forget the star of the show – zucchini bacon, which adds a smoky, savory punch to every bite.
- ½ cup roasted yellow squash
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Spring Mix
- ½ cup Lima beans
- 1/4 cup capers
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes – sliced
- ¾ cup zucchini bacon
Zucchini Bacon Ingredients
- 2 Zucchini (thinly sliced)
- 3 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 2 TBSP low sodium soy sauce
- 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- ½ TBSP liquid smoke
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375° F
- Put frozen peas in 2 cups or hot water and let sit for 20mins
- Cover a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper. Place squash cubes and red peppers onto the tray, drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil, salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Roast for 25-30 minutes, tossing at halftime, until soft and golden. Remove from the oven, set aside and turn on broiler to high.
- Strain the peas and pat dry with paper towel
- Wash your greens well and dry thoroughly. Add toppings
- Add zucchini bacon
Zucchini Bacon Instructions
- Whisk together all ingredients (except zucchini).
- Place marinade in a sealable bag or container with lid and add slices of zucchini.
- Marinate zucchini for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and place zucchini strips in a single layer.
- Bake for an hour, turn each slice over and repeat.
- Bake until crispy
Dressing: EG Kitchen French Dressing
1/2 shallot, minced
1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Generous pinch of herbamare
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1-2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. Mix together the shallots, dijon mustard, salt, lemon juice, and red-wine vinegar. Whisk together to combine well. Slowly whisk in the olive oil then season with herbamare and pepper to taste.