Delight in the fusion of zesty and wholesome flavors with our Gluten-Free Lemon Olive Oil Cake – a delightful treat that’s as quick and easy to make as it is indulgent. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or a newcomer to the kitchen, this recipe promises a burst of sunny citrus notes, the richness of olive oil, and the satisfaction of a perfectly moist cake, all without the burden of gluten. Get ready to elevate your baking game and savor the essence of lemony goodness in every bite!
2 large eggs
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup almond milk with a dash of vanilla extract
1/2 cup organic extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 T lemon zest (half in the loaf, half sprinkled on top)
2/3 cup King Arthur Gluten-Free All-Purpose flour
1 cup almond flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a loaf pan with coconut oil spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, syrup, milk, olive oil, and lemon juice and whisk until just mixed.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients (GF flour, almond flour, baking powder, sea salt, 1/2 T lemon zest) and stir until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, stirring as you pour.
- Transfer the batter into the cake pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Use a toothpick to test the center of the loaf to ensure it is fully baked.
- Cool on a wire rack, slice, and serve!