If you’re on the lookout for a clean and delicious recipe that effortlessly elevates your meals, look no further. Packed with wholesome ingredients, this easy-to-make dish is not only a perfect topping for your next bowl but also an ideal side to accompany your dinner spread. This crispy cauliflower recipe is crafted with ingredients that are as clean as they are flavorful.
But beyond its incredible taste, cauliflower brings a plethora of health benefits to the table. Rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, this cruciferous vegetable supports overall well-being. From promoting digestion to boosting your immune system, cauliflower is a nutritional powerhouse that adds more than just flavor to your meals.
1/2 head of cauliflower
2 T avocado oil
1/4 cup oat flour
1/4-1/3 cup of almond milk (use as needed until batter is your desired thickness)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 T nutritional yeast
salt and pepper
1 cup of bread crumbs
Sticky Sesame Sauce Ingredients
1 T sesame oil
2 scallions (separate the diced white part and green part)
2 garlic cloves, peeled and diced
small piece of ginger, peeled and diced
2 T toasted sesame seeds
3 T Tamari
1 T brown coconut sugar
1 T organic rice vinegar
2 T arrowroot starch dissolved in water
- Cut the cauliflower into medium sized florets
- Prepare the 2 bowls – one with the batter and one with the breadcrumbs.
- Coat the cauliflower in the batter, then dip in the breadcrumbs and place the cauliflower piece onto a large baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil, and then bake at 400 F for 20-30 minutes until crispy and golden.
- For the sticky sauce, sauté the white parts of the scallions, garlic and ginger in the sesame oil for a few minutes.
- Add the sesame seeds and toast a bit longer, then add the remaining ingredients to the pan and cook until thickened.
- Add the crispy cauliflower to the pan and stir to coat.
- Serve with more sesame seeds, the greens of the scallions, and enjoy!