Orzo is one of my all-time favorite pastas, and I love how easy it is to incorporate veggies into a pasta salad! This easy salad recipe was inspired by the famous Jennifer Aniston Salad on TikTok – but with a few of my own personal touches 😉 I added some olives for some extra healthy fats, extra mint and parsley because of their detoxing effects, and of course, I added lemon juice! You simply can’t have enough lemon juice. Feel free to modify this recipe according to your taste, and have fun with it!
2 cups orzo cooked
1 cup cucumber diced
1/4 cup of red onions in thin slices
1 can of organic chickpeas
1/2 cup of vegan feta
1/4 cup of pistachios
1/2 large avocado
2 T olive oil
2-3 T fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
1/4 cup of pitted kalamata olives
- Cook the orzo according to the instructions on the package. Set aside and allow to cool
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas – set them aside to finish draining.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl
- Mix to combine and adjust the seasoning to taste
- Share with friends or store it for this week’s meal prepping!