In the world of bowl recipes, the Red Lentil Tofu Bowl with Roasted Veggies and Carrot Ginger Dressing stands out as a true champion of flavor, nutrition, and simplicity. Whether you’re a dedicated vegan, a committed carnivore, or somewhere in between, this dish is a celebration of plant-based goodness that will make you forget it’s good for you. Prepare yourself for a symphony of colors, textures, and flavors that will redefine your idea of a satisfying and healthy meal.
Red Lentil Tofu Ingredients
3/4 cup organic red lentils, rinsed
1 and 1/2 cups boiling water
1.5 cups room temperature water
1 1/2 tsp salt
Red Lentil Tofu Instructions
- Combine the lentils and 1 and 1/2 cups boiling water in the container of your blender. Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes until the lentils are plump and the water has cooled (do not drain).
- Blend the lentil-water mixture on high speed until completely smooth, stopping a few times to scrape down the sides of the blender container.
- Pour the lentil mixture into a medium-size, heavy-bottomed saucepan. Whisk in the remaining 1.5 cups water and salt until blended.
- Whisk over medium-high heat for 6 to 8 minutes until the mixture is VERY THICK – it should become harder to stir and should coat the bottom of the pan (turn heat down to medium, as needed, you don’t want to burn it).
- Scrape the batter into an 8-inch (20 cm) square glass or ceramic baking dish, smoothing the top (the dish does not need to be oiled).
- Refrigerate the tofu, uncovered, overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- Run a dull knife around the edge of the dish; invert the tofu onto a cutting board. Cut the tofu into half inch cubes and store until you’re ready to prep the tofu/incorporate it into a dish!
Roasted Red Lentil Tofu Ingredients
1 full red lentil tofu batch
1/2 T EVOO
2 T Tamari
1/2 tsp Sriracha
1 T Cornstarch (optional, this is to make it crispier)
Roasted Red Lentil Tofu Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the cubed tofu with the olive oil, tamari, and sriracha. For extra crispy tofu, sprinkle with the cornstarch and gently toss to coat.
- Spread the tofu evenly onto the baking sheet. Bake 25-30 minutes or until browned around the edges. Remove and serve warm.
Carrot Ginger Dressing Ingredients
Carrot Ginger Dressing Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the carrots with olive oil and spread evenly on the baking sheet. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the carrots are soft.
- Transfer the cooked carrots to a blender and add ⅔ cup water, the olive oil, vinegar, ginger, and salt. Blend the dressing until smooth. If the dressing is too thick, add up to ⅓ cup more water and blend again.
- Chill the dressing in the fridge until ready to use.
Tofu Bowl Ingredients
- 2 cups cooked organic, sprouted brown rice
- 2 cups of roasted broccoli (about a sheet tray’s worth, roasted on 425 with EVOO and salt)
- 1 recipe of the above roasted red lentil tofu
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- Thinly sliced daikon radish or red radish
- Microgreens or greens topping of your choice
- Sesame seeds for sprinkling
- Flaky sea salt for sprinkling
- Carrot Ginger Dressing
Tofu Bowl Instructions
- Assemble the bowl with the brown rice on the bottom followed by the broccoli, tofu, avocado, radish, micro greens, and sprinkled sesame seeds and salt.
- Drizzle fresh carrot ginger dressing on top of each bowl, serve, and enjoy!