The key to good health is a strong immune system. If we have a weakened system, we are more susceptible to colds, the flu and many other health problems. With a winter storm brewing on the West Coast and nasty viruses going around all over the world, now is a crucial time to keep your immune system strong and ready to fight off anything that comes your way.
This Super Green Soup takes just about 30 minutes to make, it is perfect for lunch or dinner and is packed with vitamins and minerals to help kick that cold or flu to the curb.
SUPERGREEN IMMUNTY-BOOSTING VEGETABLE SOUP
Yields about 4 servings
3 T olive oil
1 1/4 cup leeks, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 stalks celery, diced
1 small zucchini, diced
3/4 cup green beans, trimmed and cut in thirds
3/4 cup organic snap peas
3 T fresh cilantro, chopped
1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 3/4 – 2 tsp fine kosher salt (taste as you go)
3/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
6 cups vegetable broth
1 T freshly squeezed lemon juice
4 cups leafy greens of choice (I used half kale, half spinach)
2 15. oz cans white beans
2 T nutritional yeast
3 T fresh parsley
1–1 1/2 T fresh basil
1/3 cup olive oil
2 T lemon juice
1 tsp maple syrup
1/4 tsp fine kosher salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Heat a large pot over medium and add oil.
- Add leeks, garlic, and celery, and cook for about 5 minutes stirring often.
- Add celery, zucchini, green beans, and snow peas and stir.
- Add vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add all herbed oil ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and well incorporated.
- After 20 minutes, add in lemon juice, leafy greens, and white beans and cook a few more minutes, until greens are wilted. Add in cilantro, parsley, salt, and pepper to taste
- Serve soup with a drizzle of oil over top and enjoy!