When it comes to satisfying your snack cravings, it’s hard to resist something that’s not only easy to make but also packs a powerful punch of flavor and nutrition. Enter Crunchy Quinoa Cups, the snack that’s about to become your new obsession.What’s the secret behind these irresistible treats? Well, it’s all in the simplicity. With just four ingredients, they couldn’t be easier to whip up in your kitchen. And you’ll be amazed by the delightful combination of flavors and textures they offer.
From the healthy richness of coconut oil to the irresistible sweetness of maple syrup and the earthy charm of cacao powder, these are the elements that transform humble puffed quinoa into a snack that’ll leave you craving for more.
Makes 8-10 miniature cupcake cups
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup raw cacao powder
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 cup of popped quinoa
A pinch of flaky sea salt to top the cups off
- Prepare the popped quinoa. Simply heat a large pan on the stovetop until the surface is very hot. Pour 1 cup of uncooked quinoa into the pan and let it pop for a minute, stirring/mixing the quinoa the whole time to avoid burning. As soon as the popping starts to slow (like popcorn), take the quinoa off the heat and transfer into a bowl to cool.
- Mix the softened coconut oil, raw cacao powder, and maple syrup in a bowl.
- Pour the popped quinoa into the cacao mixture and stir until combined.
- Line a cupcake tin with miniature cupcake cups, and pour the mixture into the cups. Fill each cup up about 3/4ths of the way.
- Sprinkle the top of each cup with a few flakes of Maldon sea salt.
- Pop them into the freezer for about an hour or until solid all the way through. Enjoy!