If you’re even remotely connected to the world of social media, you’ve probably come across the latest culinary sensation that’s taking TikTok and Instagram by storm – Date Bark! It’s the kind of viral trend that’s impossible to ignore, and as someone who loves experimenting with new recipes and flavors, I just had to try it for myself.
What’s not to love about Date Bark? It’s the perfect marriage of natural sweetness, crunchy goodness, and a touch of creativity. And the best part? It’s incredibly easy to make, making it an ideal treat for anyone, regardless of your cooking expertise.
- 10-12 pitted Medjool dates
- 2-4 tablespoons creamy or drippy peanut butter (adjust to your preference)
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Flaky sea salt, for sprinkling
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper. Split dates open and press down each one down onto the sheet, making sure they overlap a little so they stick together.
- Drizzle peanut butter on top and use a spoon so spread it across the dates. Sprinkle on chopped peanuts. Adjust both the peanut butter and chopped peanuts according to your taste/how much you like peanut butter (I used extra ;))
- Melt chocolate with coconut oil and drizzle it on. Use a spoon to spread it around so it covers everything.
- Sprinkle on flaky sea salt and pop the baking sheet into the freezer for 10-15 minutes, or until the chocolate has set. Remove from the freezer, chop the bark into 10 pieces and enjoy.
- Store leftovers in the fridge or freezer. If you’re storing in the freezer, the dates will get pretty hard so let the bark sit out a few minutes before biting into it.