If you’ve worked with me as a client before, I’m sure you’ve heard about how important fiber is. If you’re new here, welcome! But let me tell you about the importance of fiber… Fiber helps regulate the body’s use of sugars, keeps your blood sugar in check, helps your digestion, and plays a large role in your energy regulation throughout the day. Plus, there’s nothing worse than a salad that leaves you feeling hungry, so adding fiber into a salad is a major key.
Beans are an excellent source of fiber. They help keep your bowel movements regular, which is essential for bodily detoxification. This recipe uses kidney beans, black beans, and cannellini beans because those are my personal favorites, but feel free to make some swaps. This salad is easy to whip up in the middle of a busy day, and it will keep you fueled and satiated!
1 can of organic kidney beans
1 can of organic cannellini beans
1 can of organic black beans
3-4 cups of chopped romaine
1/2 a small red onion
A handful of parsley, chopped
Primal Kitchen’s Cilantro Lime dressing (to taste)
Gluten-free corn chip salad toppers
Salt & pepper to taste
- Mix the three types of beans together in a bowl. Coat with 1 T of dressing.
- Put your rinsed and chopped romaine into a bowl.
- Mix the romaine with the red onion and parsley. Drizzle with 2 T of dressing.
- Top the romaine mixture with beans, sprinkle salt and pepper on top, and add chip toppers.
- Add more dressing if needed, and enjoy!