It’s wishful thinking that I can get through a work day without any distractions. Just because I’m at work doesn’t mean my family stops calling me and certainly my errands don’t get done. Some days I just want to run out of the office screaming…sound familiar!?
We have so much going on. We’re juggling work, family, the hubby, attempting to put dinner on the table every night, and if we’re lucky, find some alone time! Our minds don’t stop racing and all of these combined can bring so much stress to our work day 🙁
Over the years I have put together my arsenal of how to refocus and stay calm and productive at the office. Here are my 9 essentials to avoid workday walkouts and bring much needed calm to your week:
1. Flower Essences Vervain & White Chestnut. I know most of you are familiar with Bach Flower Remedies, but personally Bach does not work for me and it is not organic.
I’m a big fan of Organic Flower Essences Vervain and White Chestnut. I’m a by the book perfectionist and these guys put me in place! When I’m hyper-focused on fixing everything at once, these essences curb my intruding thoughts and put me back in concentration mode.
(Rx: 4 drops under your tongue or in water 4x/day)
2. DoTERRA Serenity and Balance. When I’m stressed, I experience terrible lower back pain. I use DoTERRA oils to ease the tension, and can almost instantly feel my back release once I apply it.
The Balance Blend of Spruce, Rosewood, Frankincense, and Blue Tansy promotes whole body, mind, and soul relaxation. The Serenity Blend of Lavender Flower, Sweet Marjoram Leaf, Roman Chamomile Flower, Ylang Ylang Flower, Hawaiian Sandalwood, and Vanilla Bean creates a sense of peace and renewed well-being that centers you back to work. Grab these amazing oils when your body starts to feel tense and uptight!
(Rx: a couple of drops on the bottom of both feet and behind the base of your ears morning and night)
3. Tulsi Tea or Reishi Tea. Tulsi tea is very popular right now and that is because it is a powerful adaptogen, uplifting your mood and lowering your stress simultaneously. You cna always find me sharing a cup of Tulsi with my late afternoon clients.
I pour myself a cup of Reishi tea when I feel my blood pressure rising. It brings me down to a neutral state of mind and calms my nerves. Reishi tea is also a supporter of your immune system. I don’t know about you, but I can’t afford to miss a day of work for a cold!
4. Lavender & Chamomile Earth Therapeutics Microwaveable Neck Wrap. Instead of running to the kitchen for a snack, I run to the kitchen for my neck wrap. The moist heat soothes and relaxes muscles and the lavender and chamomile aromas are great tonics for your nerves, anxiety, and exhaustion.
5. Heritage Store Rosewater Mist. When it feels like it’s 5 o’ clock, but it’s really only noon I reach for my rosewater for an afternoon pick-me-up. Rosewater has been vortexed and magnetized to increase energy and stamina.
6. Bee Panacea. This well-being essential is home to Ormus, a trace mineral that increases energy and positive emotions. When your e-mails and meetings have you feeling sluggish and overworked, bee panacea will revive your energy levels.
7. Calm.com 5 Minute Meditation. Step away from your desk and open this 5 minute app! Calm.com is an easy meditation guide that will bring you back to the present and clear your mind of any thoughts…well at least for five minutes!
8. Viparita Karani Yoga Pose. Lying with your back on the floor and your legs up against the wall resets your adrenal glands, eases anxiety, and is therapeutic for headaches and the mind.
9. Rawmio Organic Raw Chocolate Bark. A little edible love will always brighten your day and dark chocolate is a certifiable mood booster! Chocolate increases serotonin levels post consumption you will get a boost of anti-oxidants derived from the flavenol content. Rawmio is a pure and simple chocolate that is organic, dairy free, soy free, gluten free, and delicious!
These freak-out fighting tools don’t make every day perfect, but as long as I’m equipped with them I have the confidence to combat stress and get through work in one piece!
Purchase these items to create your personal arsenal and if you have any questions please e-mail me email@example.com so I can help improve your work week!
Elissa Goodman is a Holistic Nutritionist, Cancer Survivor, Cleanse Expert, and Creator of “Cleanse Your Body, Cleanse Your Life”. Elissa works as a consultant/contributor to health and wellness locations throughout Los Angeles, including M Cafe, Erewhon Market, and L.A. Juice. She works privately with professionals and celebrity clients who need help with issues ranging from weight loss and digestive issues, to autoimmune disorder and cancer. Elissa believes self love and nutrition are the key to healing a range of diseases.
To book a complimentary phone session with Elissa or to seek further information on working with her, please firstname.lastname@example.org. Sign up for Elissa’s free newsletter with amazing recipes and the latest health tips at http://da6.beb.myftpupload.com.