These blueberry muffins are such a tasty spring treat! They’re quick and easy to whip up for your next breakfast, brunch, or even an afternoon snack. My family and friends know that I’m always snacking on berries, so incorporating blueberries into a baked good is a dream for me. There’s also lemon zest in these muffins – another one of my favorite things!
1 1/2 cups + 2 T of all-purpose flour
1/2 cup + 2 T almond flour
1 T aluminum-free baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 large eggs
1/2 cup + 2 T Monk Fruit sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
zest of 2 lemons
1 1/4 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and grease a 12-cup muffin tin
- In a medium bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt
- In a large bowl, vigorously whisk together the almond milk, olive oil, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and lemon zest
- Dust the blueberries with 1/2 tsp flour and toss to lightly coat them. This will prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the muffin cups!
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients by pouring slowly and mixing thoroughly. Gently fold in the blueberries
- Use a 1/3 cup measuring cup to scoop the batter into the muffin cups. Bake for 17-20 minutes.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, and then run a knife around the edges to release the muffins.
- Allow the muffins to cool completely on a wire rack
- Serve and enjoy!