This beautiful green soup is loaded with vitamins and minerals to give you a spring glow. I love all the greens incorporated into this soup from the watercress to the peas and even a little mint. This light soup will still leave you feeling nourished and satiated!
1 1/2 T olive oil
1 small yellow onion
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 400 g can of organic white beans
600 mL vegetable stock or bone broth (+ more for consistency if needed at the end)
300 g frozen peas
200 g watercress (leaves and stalks) + extra for serving
1 handful of fresh mint leaves
1 1/2 T lemon juice
1-2 tsp of sea salt to taste
a pinch of black pepper + more to taste
1 T of organic olive oil to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan, add the onion, and fry over a medium heat for 6 minutes to soften. Add the garlic at the end and cook for the last 30 seconds.
- Add the beans and the stock. Bring to a simmer over medium0high heat and cook for 2 minutes. Add the frozen peas to cook for another minute.
- Drop in the watercress and mint leaves, stir, and remove from the heat – the greens will wilt in the hot liquid.
- Add the lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Transfer into a blender (or use a hand-held blender) and whizz into a smooth, creamy soup.
- Taste for seasoning, and serve with a drizzle of olive oil, some extra mint and watercress leaves.