This gorgeous spring soup has made such a wonderful addition to my Spring Cleanse Menu! This soup is both refreshing and comforting at the same time, and I love how it incorporates seasonal veggies. It it packed with fresh, green vegetables, hearty beans, and a bright nut-free pesto. It checks all of MY boxes for a perfect Spring Soup!
3 cups of basil leaves loosely packed
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup organic olive oil
2 T fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 freshly ground black pepper
2 T organic olive oil
2 leeks (white parts only)
1 cup of chopped asparagus
1 cup of chopped green beans
1 cup of diced zucchini
1 cup of green peas
4 gloves of garlic minced
8 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
2 cups of navy beans
3 cups of kale chopped
1/2 cup of the pesto
1/2 lemon juiced
salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients into the bowl of a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth. It can have a bit of texture but you don’t want it to be chunky!
- Heat olive oil or medium-high heat. Add leeks and sauté for 5-6 minutes. Lower the heat if the leeks are starting to brown. Add the garlic. Stir and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add asparagus, zucchini, green beans, and navy beans. Stir and cook for one minute. Add the broth. Add salt and pepper to taste. The amount of slat will vary depending on the salt level of your broth.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add greens and continue simmering for another 5 minutes. Add peas and pesto to cook for 2 more minutes. Serve topped with a dollop of pesto and vegan parmesan cheese if desired!