If you know me (or have kept up with this blog for a while), you know how much I LOVE lemon. These muffins are such a tasty treat with a refreshing lemon flavor for your next weekend brunch. Plus, poppy seeds are a great source of dietary fiber, protein, calcium, and magnesium. Don’t forget to sprinkle lemon zest on top – there’s no such thing as too much lemon zest!
Makes a dozen regular-sized muffins
1 3/4 cup GF Flour Blend
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 1/2 T poppy seeds
1/2 tsp Kosher Sea Salt
1 cup Monk Fruit sugar
4 T lemon zest (plus some to sprinkle on top at the end!)
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 cup cashew yogurt (I like Forager’s)
1/2 cup olive oil
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Spray a muffin tin with nonstick baking spray
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together by hand in a bowl for 30 seconds
- Add the vanilla, oil, yogurt, zest, and juice, then whisk to combine
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda, and salt
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Start with a rubber spatula to combine, and then whisk until there are no traces of flour
- Pour the batter into the muffin tin and bake until they are just cooked through (about 25 minutes)
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then place them on a baking rack to finish cooling completely.
- Store some in the freezer to enjoy later on!