These cookies were such an easy treat to whip up. I love raspberries (especially in these summer months) and you already know how much I love baking with lemon! Raspberries are enjoyable all year long, whether they’re fresh or frozen. But the gorgeous gems aren’t just delicious and versatile. They have an impressive nutritional profile that makes them one of the healthiest choices in the produce aisle. They’re low in sugar but high in nutrients and anti-oxidants, plus they’re high in fiber! Enjoy this colorful summer treat made without processed sugar!
2 3/4 cups of organic unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp of salt
1 cup of unsalted vegan butter, melted and cooled
1 1/4 cup of white monk fruit sugar
1/4 cup of golden monk fruit sugar
zest of 2 lemons
1 T of lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1 egg yolk (room temperature)
1 large egg (room temperature)
1 cup of frozen raspberries (I recommend freezing fresh raspberries overnight)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour. Add in the baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix together.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the melted butter and monk fruit sugar.
- Mix in the lemon zest, lemon juice, egg, and egg yolk into the butter and sugar mixture.
- Gradually add the wet mixture into the dry mixture slowly, stirring as you go. Fold using a spatula.
- Gently fold in the frozen raspberries.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop the cookie dough balls onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet for about 10 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Serve with fresh raspberries and!