Cinnamon Rolls are definitely my guilty pleasure. They remind me of my childhood, and they bring back so many incredible memories. I’m thrilled to share this vegan cinnamon roll recipe that is also made without refined sugar! They are warm, gooey, and delicious – perfect for your next weekend brunch!
1 cup warm oat milk
2 T maple syrup
1/4 cup melted Miyokos unsalted vegan butter
1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp active dry yeast
2 1/2 cups of King Arthur Organic Unbleached All Purpose flour
1/3 cup of room temperature Miyokos unsalted vegan butter
1/3 cup monk fruit sugar
4 tsp cinnamon
6 oz Monty’s Cream Cheese (or your favorite vegan cream cheese)
4 T organic maple syrup
- Prepare the vegan cinnamon roll dough by mixing the warm oat milk, melted vegan butter, maple syrup and salt. Sprinkle the active dry yeast evenly across the top of the mixture, stir gently, and let it sit out for about 10 minutes.
- Add the all-purpose flour and mix until a dough forms. Leaving the dough in the bowl, form it into a round mound and cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a kitchen towel. Allow it to sit for an hour. I Like to sit my bowl on top of an oven preheated to 350 or even outside in the sun. The warmth will help the dough rise faster! It should rise to nearly double in size.
- After the dough has risen for an hour, place it on a floured surface and roll the dough into a 1/4 inch oval or rectangle – add more flour if the dough is too sticky to roll!
- Spread the softened vegan butter/cinnamon sugar mixture on top.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Rough the dough into a log and cut it into about 10 pinwheels. Place the pinwheels into a baking dish so that they are close but not touching. Cover them with a kitchen towel and set aside for another 30 minutes. I like to sit my rolls on top of the preheating oven, as they should also double in size.
- Remove the kitchen towel and bake the rolls in the oven for about 35 minutes.
- While the rolls are baking, make the vegan cream cheese frosting by mixing the cream cheese with the maple syrup.
- Allow the rolls to cool and then spread the icing over the rolls. Enjoy!