When people learn that I’m a Holistic Nutritionist, oftentimes they assume that I abstain from alcohol. But just because I try to fuel my body with nutrient-dense foods and encourage my clients to do the same, it doesn’t mean that I don’t love a good cocktail from time to time!
This drink is a healthy alternative to a typical cocktail, though it does contain alcohol. I am a big tequila girl, so you know it contains that. I also love a little smoke, which is why the recipe also calls for mezcal (you can skip this part if you’re not a smoke fan). This cocktail also contains inflammation-reducing fennel and is garnished with bee pollen which is loaded with antioxidants. You won’t find any added sugar in this drink because the hint of sweetness comes from stevia. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 oz Casa Dragones Tequila, or your favorite
- 1/2 oz Casamigos mezcal, or your favorite
- 1 1/2 oz Fennel juice (juice of fennel bulbs)
- 1 oz Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
- 2 Drops Omica Vanilla Stevia, or to taste
- Soda or Sparkling Mineral Water, to top
- Garnish: Fennel Fronds
- Garnish: Bee Pollen
- Combine all of the ingredients except the soda water into a shaker with ice, and shake until chilled.
- Pour over fresh ice into a Collins glass, and top with the soda water.
- Garnish with fennel fronds and Bee pollen.