This black bean soup has made such an incredible addition to the EG Kitchen Cleanse menu. After having the taco salad with walnut meat for lunch, cleansers enjoy this soup for dinner. The black beans will keep you satiated, and these spices are great for the gut microbiome – this soup really is a win-win! We’ve been getting incredible feedback, so I had to post this recipe for everyone to try at home. This recipe is simple and won’t take long to whip up, so make it in bulk and store in the freezer to enjoy or share with others!
Makes 4-6 servings
2 T organic olive oil
1 white onion, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
5 organic roma tomatoes, chopped (de-seeded)
2 jalapenos, finely diced (de-seeded)
1 tsp Herbamare seasoning
½ tsp cumin
4 tsp all spice
2 tsp coriander
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
4 cups cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
4-5 cups organic vegetable stock
½ bunch organic cilantro, chopped
½ cup coconut milk
sea salt (if needed)
- Heat 1 T olive oil over medium heat in a soup pot. Add garlic, onion, tomato, salt, and jalapeño and sauté until softened, approximately 4-5 minutes. Stir well.
- Add black beans, vegetable stock, cumin, all spice, coriander, cinnamon, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Simmer on low for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and add the cilantro.
- Carefully scoop the soup into a blender. Add coconut milk and blend until smooth. Pour this mixture back in to the soup pot and simmer on low.
- Season with additional salt or Herbamare if needed.