One of my new favorite winter dishes is this Roasted Delicata Squash & Tempeh Curry! Delicata squash is a great source of potassium and dietary fiber and contains magnesium, manganese, and vitamins C and B. Plus the bok choy adds a lot of folate, vitamin E, and beta carotene.
And tempeh is my FAVORITE vegan protein. It’s made from fermented soybeans and contains a whopping 31 grams of protein per cup. This dish is totally vegan and super tasty with flavorful ingredients like garam masala, coconut milk, and tamari.
8 oz Lightlife Tempeh, packaged
1 Delicata Squash
½ Onion, yellow, sliced
1 Red Bell Pepper, sliced
1-2 Baby Bok Choy, sliced
½ head Cauliflower florets, no stems
2-3 Shallots, sliced
½ – 1 can Coconut milk, shaken
1 T Garam Masala
4 T Coconut Oil or Vegan Butter
1 T Tamari
2 cups Wild Rice, cooked
- Wash delicata squash and dry. Cut lengthwise in half to remove seeds with a spoon. Dispose of seeds. Cut into half-moon slices ¼-1/2” thick, consistent thickness to cook evenly.
- Coat with 1 Tbsp coconut oil or vegan butter and season generously with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven on a parchment-lined baking sheet for 15-20m until golden brown. No need to turn or shake. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Cut tempeh into even sized cubes and coat with coconut oil or vegan butter. Lightly toss with 1 tsp of garam masala, sliced shallots, and season with salt. Cook in 1 Tbsp of oil or butter in a large pan on MED-HIGH until all sides are golden brown and slightly crispy on the outside. Add tamari to coat. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In the remaining 2 Tbsp of oil or butter, cook on MED-HIGH in a large pan to saute onions and red bell peppers until softened, adding 1 Tbsp garam masala. Cook for an additional minute and mix in coconut milk. Add cauliflower and bok choy cover to cook until both are fork-tender.
- Let’s plate! Take your squash, tempeh, and curry sauce with veggies and serve over wild rice. Enjoy with a nice cup of mint tea.