The verdict is in! The official favorite soup of the Fall S.O.U.P. Cleanse, according to our cleansers, is this Creamy Wild Rice Mushroom Soup. I can’t say I’m surprised. The soup is super creamy and comforting; it’s the perfect soup to help us transition into the colder season. It’s especially popular for my cleansers and clients who prefer some texture in their soup. This one has a creamy base, but the various mushrooms and rice give it a substantial mouthfeel. And don’t even get me started on the nutrient benefits. There are three different varieties of mushrooms contained in this soup: shiitake, cremini, and white button mushroom. Together, they can help fight cancer, boost immunity, improve the gut microbiome, support heart health, and so much more.
1 1/2 C wild rice blend
4 C diced mixture of shiitake, cremini, and white button mushrooms
2 C diced white onion
4 cloves of minced garlic
4 T of olive oil
2 T of parsley
2 tsp of thyme
10 C vegetable broth
1 C Native Forest Unsweetened Coconut Milk
28 oz Malk Almond Milk
1 can of cannellini beans
2 tsp of salt
2 tsp of pepper
1. Start cooking the wild rice and put to the side while you prep the other ingredients.
2. While the rice is finishing up, heat up a pot with olive oil on medium heat and mix in the onion, garlic, and mushrooms together. Make sure to sauté them for 15 minutes until everything starts to brown up.
3. Blend the almond milk, beans, and mushroom stems in the blender until silky smooth.
4. Once all the vegetables are cooked season with parsley, thyme, salt, and pepper.
5. Add the vegetable broth, strained wild rice, and coconut milk into the pot. Mix together until all the ingredients are fully combined.
6. Bring the soup to a boil then reduce the heat to simmer and cook covered for 20 minutes. Then cook uncovered for another 15-20 minutes until the rice is cooked through.
8. Remove the soup from the heat and let it sit for 5 minutes to thicken. Enjoy!