What’s your go-to comfort food? Mine is a warm baked potato loaded with all of the ooey-gooey fixings. But my stomach doesn’t love the saturated fat and grease that comes with your standard loaded baked potato, so I usually opt for this healthier recipe instead. It’s just as satisfying and delicious but contains none of the icky ingredients that are traditionally used in this type of dish. This Simple Stuffed Sweet Potato is super flavorful with spices and herbs like cumin, coriander, cinnamon, smoked (or regular) paprika, and is stuffed with protein-packed chickpeas rather than beef.
Recipe adapted and picture from @lastingredient
- 4 medium organic sweet potatoes
- 1,15 oz can organic chickpeas, rinsed and drain
- 1/2 tsp each cumin, coriander, cinnamon, smoked (or regular) paprika
- 1 cup organic baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 T Seed + Mill Organic Tahini
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a large baking sheet with foil.
- Rinse and scrub potatoes and cut in half length wise. This will speed cooking time. Otherwise leave whole and bake longer (approximately double the time (45 min – 1 hour).
- Toss rinsed and drained chickpeas with olive oil and spices and place on the foil-lined baking sheet.
- Rub the sweet potatoes with a bit of olive oil and place face down on the same baking sheet (or another baking sheet depending on size)
- While the sweet potatoes and chickpeas are roasting, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Sauté the spinach until almost wilted, about 2 minutes. Add garlic, salt and pepper, and continue cooking until fragrant, about 1 minute
- Top each of the sweet potato halves with spinach and chickpeas then drizzle with tahini and sprinkle with sea salt and red pepper flakes.