These tahini cookies are such an amazing summer treat. Their nutty, spiced flavor blends beautifully with this homemade raspberry jam that could not be easier to make. I love incorporating chia seeds into my recipes for the fiber boost, and raspberries are an excellent source of fiber as well! Not to mention they’re my favorite fruit… Whip up these thumbprint cookies for your next dessert – they will be a hit!
The Raspberry Chia Jam Ingredients
4 cups of fresh raspberries
1/2 cup of water
1/2 cup of monk fruit sugar
3 T chia seeds
- Add the raspberries, water, and monk fruit into a small saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a low boil and then simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chia seeds. Allow this mixture to thicken for 10+ minutes. Stir again, and then pack the jam into jars
I recommend storing the jam in the fridge overnight prior to baking these cookies, but the fresh jam will work as well.
3/4 cup organic tahini
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups almond flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cardamom
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the tahini, maple syrup, and almond extract until smooth and creamy. Add the almond flour gradually and sprinkle the cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, baking powder, and sea salt evenly over the mixture. Use a spatula or wooden spoon to stir until well combined.
- Use a tablespoon cookie scoop to scoop the dough and use your hands to roll it into balls. Line the baking sheets with the balls.
- Press the balls into a flat round with your hands and then add your thumbprint to each cookie!
- Fill the thumbprint with the jam.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until brown around the edges.
- Cool on the pan for 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.