This zucchini is a fun (and delicious) way to incorporate another veggie into your plate. Slicing the zucchini in a zig-zag pattern allows the olive and salt to soak into the zucchini to boost the flavor after it is baked – and it looks gorgeous! I topped my zucchini with pistachios, vegan feta, and lemon zest, and let me tell you – this flavor combination was great. Enjoy this delicious spring recipe!
2 medium zucchini
Sea salt, to taste
3 T organic olive oil
Crumbled vegan feta (I like the VioLife brand)
Toasted pistachios, chopped
Lemon zest, finely grated
Fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut your zucchini in half (lengthwise) and score with a knife in a crosshatch pattern.
- Sprinkle with salt and drizzle olive oil. Rub this mixture into the cracks of the pattern.
- Heat olive oil in a frypan over medium-high until very hot.
- Place the zucchini (flesh-side down) and fry for 5-6 minutes until golden.
- Transfer the zucchini into a pan that can go in the oven, and bake for 15-20 minutes (or until soft and golden)
- Remove from the oven, add the toppings, and enjoy!