Buffalo cauliflower is the most in-demand item at the Erewhon deli bar and is popping up on menus all over town as a vegetarian/vegan option. I love the idea of combining those spicy sauce flavors with a creamy ranch made from Greek yogurt and served alongside a bunch of veggies. This salad is easy to modify to your liking and even easier to make.
Buffalo Cauliflower Ranch Salad
Makes 2 servings
¼ head red cabbage, shredded
3 radish, cleaned and thinly sliced
1/3 cup fresh dill, chopped
1 cup tomatoes, diced
¾ cup black beans, cooked/rinsed/drained
2 heads romaine, finely chopped
2 T. fresh chives
1 medium head cauliflower, broken down into 1-2 inch florets
2 T. nutritional yeast
Generous glug of olive oil
1/2 cup Buffalo sauce (your choice, although The New Primal brand is a great option for clean ingredients)
Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing
1 cup full fat Greek yogurt
2 T. olive oil
2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
2 T. fresh dill, chopped
1 T. fresh chives, chopped
1 T. fresh parsley, chopped
½ tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. sea salt
Fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees, line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Make the dressing by mixing all ingredients into a bowl. Stir until evenly combined, then place in fridge for flavors to meld while you prepare salad.
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss the cauliflower florets with olive oil, sea salt, and nutritional yeast. Place in oven and roast for about 20 minutes until crispy on outside and al dente/fork tender.
- Prepare your raw salad ingredients.
- Remove roasted cauliflower from oven and toss in buffalo sauce. Build your salad bowl by layering ingredients over romaine lettuce. Finish with dollop of ranch dressing and additional fresh chives.