This might just be one of my all-time favorite salads that I’ve put on the cleanse menu. Not only is this salad bursting with color, it is also packed with nutrients that make it one of the main stars of the current Spring cleanse menu! We use organic tofu that is made with organic pumpkin seeds which are rich in antioxidants, magnesium, and omega-3 fatty acids. With a similar consistency to extra firm tofu, Pumfu offers 17 grams of plant-based protein and five grams of fiber in one 4oz serving. It’s also rich in healthy fats and has no added sugar or salt. When combined with the phytonutrients of the slaw mix, the pumfu boosts this salad into a beautifully satiating meal.
2 T olive oil
2 packages of Organic Pumfu (tofu made from pumpkin seeds)
2 cups of cooked brown sprouted rice
2 cups of butter lettuce
4 cups of Asian slaw mix (green cabbage, carrot sticks, celery)
1/2 cup shredded purple cabbage
sprinkle of slivered almonds
Asian Vinaigrette Dressing Ingredients
3 T rice vinegar
2 T honey
1 tsp minced garlic
2 T grated ginger
2 T toasted sesame oil
1/4 cup organic, gluten-free Tamari
1/2 cup olive oil
- Cook 2 cups of sprouted brown rice and then set it aside.
- Heat 1 T of oil in a skillet on medium high, sautéed the slaw mix for 5 minutes, and then add cooked brown rice to warm, season with salt, and set aside.
- Add 1 T oil to a skillet over medium high, chop the Pumfu into 1/2 inch cubes, and sauté until golden. This will take 4-5 minutes.
- Add 2-4 T Asian vinaigrette until warmed with the pumfu.
- Assemble salad starting with the chopped butter lettuce, purple cabbage, brown rice and slaw mix, and then sesame glazed Pumfu. Sprinkle the slivered almonds to garnish and drizzle with your vinaigrette. Enjoy!